Monday, September 10, 2012

Shake Shack and Frozen Yogurts

I'd read somewhere that writing for a good solid 30 mins every single day (even gibberish) can brush up your writing skills. The article spoke of a man that writes whatever that comes to mind on a blank sheet of paper. He would just write anything that pops in his head. This method of writing is known as free writing. This article is fascinating because first of all, I'm a lousy writer! Secondly, I find myself rephrasing a sentence over and over again, and even after that, I cannot decide which sentence sounds better! Have you ever gotten that? It's annoying isn't it? D: From this paragraph, I'm pretty sure you can tell that I'm a person who isn't really particular about grammar. I'm more of a "nice to read, nice to hear" writer. So whatever it is, I hope this blog can rescue my failure in writing good English!

To those who had a bad day: Hope this will cheer you up!

Anyway, since a year ago, I've been a keen person in trying new food in Manhattan. I guess the commute from Hoboken to the city isn't really that miserable. Sometimes, when people back at home ask me where I live in the States, I would immediately reply Manhattan instead of Hoboken. I guess it is the subconscious belief implanted in my head that people do not really know where Hoboken is. Contradictorily, you can actually see their (friends and relatives) faces light up when you name a place that they know so well of. "New York City! The city that never sleeps" What a rush! *Turbulence by Steve Aoki stuck in my head* :D 

Okay, so back to my purpose for today. There are a few eating spots in the city that operate under the same brand name known to have the best burgers in town. To those of you living in the city, can you guess where that is yet? *Da Dum Da Dum* It's Shake Shack! So, I know this place because one of my very few Malaysian friends who works in the city brought me to Shake Shack located on 8th Avenue between 44th and 43rd Street. Here's the link! Shake Shack Google Map. There are a few location in the city so Yelp it up! Yelp Shake Shack.

Double ShackBurger

The burger is absolutely yummylicious! Why? First off, the buns are extremely soft and fluffy. It's like squishing a soft sponge! As for the beef patty, the first bite often induces the appetite for a second, third and exponential growth bites! I'm not sure how they could have made the patties so delicious but I can take a rough guess that they have been tenderized and seasoned before grilling. The patties are extremely tender and juicy. You can taste the saltiness and smell the cheesy fragrance of the butter which is heavenly. Between the fluffy buns are two slices of cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and Shack Sauce. Shack Sauce makes the burger more tasty, juicy, salty, cheesy and creamy. Obviously, the Shack Sauce is a guarded secret and only known to the high chefs. But what I can say is that it is  mayonnaise based. Mayonnaise is already so delectable to be eaten without any other dressings let alone combine it into a mix of other flavorful condiments. People, you have to try Shake Shack! To those of you who did tried Shake Shack, try it again! :D Keep in mind though that the queue can be quite a bum. So as in my previous blog, whip out your iphones, ipads, itouch, nook and whatever that is entertaining as you wait for the line to inch forward, closer to your first delicious bite!

Main course meal isn't complete without dessert isn't it? So, let me make comparisons between my favorite Frozen Yogurt places located on the East of the world and another in the West! 

Red Mango

 Tutti Frutti

Just so you know, I love frozen yogurt! I was so obsessed with it once that I used to get froyo a few times a week to keep me bubbly and satisfied! :D It tastes like ice-cream yet fat free! Get my drift? *Grins widely* :D Okay, so Red Mango is my favorite froyo place in America while Tutti Frutti is "Numba 1" in Malaysia. The ironic part about this is that Tutti Frutti is a frozen yogurt company established in America. Weird right? I can't seem to find Tutti Frutti in the city! To do a comparison can be quite tough as they both offer a great range of yogurt flavors. The only sole difference is the toppings provided for choice to their customers. In Asia, they have tropical fruits! That is why you can see the tiny dragon fruit slice to the bottom right on the second picture. However, Red Mango offers sweeter berries! East or West, both satisfies my sweet tooth and big appetite! :D Nom nom away! (:

Cheerio to a good start tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment